Warehouse Employee - West Sacramento, CA
Warehouse employee performs various duties within the warehouse including pick, stage, load, repack, put away or transport orders according to company standards. Other duties as assigned.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Warehouse staff operates equipment (including forklifts, pallet jacks and hand trucks) safely to transport stored items from storage areas to appropriate staging area.
- Must read customer order, work order, or shipping order to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Sorts and places products on racks and shelves according to predetermined slotting sequence.
- Prepares products for loading onto tractor-trailer.
- Ensures food products are maintained according to the Company’s H.A.C.C.P., Food Safety and Food Defense programs.
- Works effectively as a team member, assisting shift supervisor and other employees in a positive and proactive manner.
Job QualificationsHigh school diploma or GED preferred.Experience working in a fast-paced production environment with a high level of accuracy.1 year prior warehouse experience.Prior forklift training or certification preferred.Demonstrated commitment to accuracy and following instructions.Ability to meet physical demands of the job. Lift up to 50 lbs. frequently and occasionally lift/move up to 80 lbs. Employee spends virtually all of his/her time standing and walking. The employee often stoops, kneels or crouches.Ability to read and understand or complete customer orders, and other paperwork.Must be able to function in a night shift environment and work overtime when required to complete all orders.Must be able to work in various temperature controlled zones ranging from -10° F to ambient temperature.
We are a Drug Free Workplace. Applicants will be required to take a pre-employment drug test upon job offer.