Warehouse Employee - West Sacramento, California
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reads customer order, work order, or shipping order to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Unload shipments verifying correct product, quantities and product received is in good order.
- Drives riding pallet jack and forklift safely to transport stored items from storage areas to appropriate staging area.
- Sorts and places products on racks and shelves according to predetermined slotting sequence. Sorts and stores perishable goods in refrigerated area.
- Picks products and assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves. Moves products to packing station for web-order fulfillment, or staging area for loading onto tractor-trailer.
- Ensure the safe handling and security of all products according to the Company’s H.A.C.C.P., Food Safety and Food Defense programs.
- Follow policy and procedures as outlined in Company manuals.
- Maintains inventory records. Records amount of material or items received or distributed.
- Works effectively as a team member, assisting shift supervisor and other employees, contributing ideas and solutions in a positive and proactive manner.
- Must work with a high level of accuracy.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Experience working in a fast-paced production environment with a high level of accuracy.
1 year prior warehouse experience.
- Prior forklift training or certification preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to accuracy and following instructions.
- Ability to meet physical demands of the job. Lift up to 50 lbs. frequently and occasionally lift/move up to 80 lbs. Employee spends virtually all of his/her time standing and walking. The employee often stoops, kneels or crouches.
- Ability to read and understand or complete customer orders, and other paperwork.
- Must be able to function in a night shift environment and work overtime when required to complete all orders.
- Must be able to work in various temperature controlled zones ranging from 35° F to ambient temperature.
We are a Drug Free Workplace. Applicants will be required to take a pre-employment drug test upon job offer.