The Multi-Unit Sales Representative role is responsible for all interaction with assigned multi-unit customers (such as chain stores, restaurants, hotels, etc.) from soliciting new business to ongoing customer support with our current customers.
This is an exempt status, non-union position and paid a monthly base plus commission.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Achieves company goals for revenue and gross profit objectives through proactive development of new and existing accounts. Meet objectives by tracking performance. The combined sales represented by the accounts may vary.
• Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from cold calling, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Websites, and other sources.
• Makes sales calls, via telephone or in-person as appropriate, calling on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders, proactively resolve/avoid issues, and build relationships.
• Investigates and resolves Multi-Unit customer problems with deliveries and products.
• Communicate with assigned accounts as needed to meet designated service levels and customer satisfaction goals.
• Monitor accounts to ensure contract compliance.
• Develops and implements pricing. Deals directly with vendors to negotiate pricing. Quotes prices and oversee credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
• Prepare and maintain required internal and external reports as needed to meet service levels and contractual reporting requirements. Coordinate collection of data and perform required analyses in support of report preparation.
• Develops and presents proposals. Negotiates contract terms and conditions for major customers.
• Promote company visibility and gain additional revenue through various programs including Best Sellers, Proforma, Food Show programs, telemarketing programs, etc.
• Coordinates with CSR assigned to customer’s account to ensure account is properly serviced and issues are resolved.
• Support Sales and other departments with execution of limited-time offers and the proper management of all remaining inventory on hand following the various Limited Time Offers (LTOs) that the national accounts offer throughout the year.
• Maintain strong working relationships with other departments within McDonald Wholesale (including Operations, Customer Service, Accounts Receivable, and Purchasing). Support for the account may require co-ordination across divisions depending upon the make-up of the division.
• Attends industry conferences and trade shows. Travels regionally to secure new business.
• Responsible for the management of the national Master Distribution Agreement (MDA) insuring that the customer meets the terms as outlined. In this capacity, also serves as the key relationship manager for the assigned accounts.
• Other duties as assigned.
We are looking for quality, motivated employees with serious ambition, who has what it takes to close sales and increase our market share. In addition:
• 2 years of broadline food service distribution OUTSIDE sales experience is required.
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Demonstrated computer skills including proficiency with basic Excel, Word, and Outlook. Has technical abilities to learn and teach online ordering, invoice comparison, and spreadsheet comparisons.
• Must have a valid Driver’s License, good driving record, and reliable personal transportation as position requires significant local travel to current and prospective customers.
• Able to read, write, speak English.
• Ability to work non-traditional hours (evening, week-end, holiday) on occasion, in order to meet customers’ needs.
• Attention to detail and able to handle multiple tasks.
• Must have strong customer service, communication, mediation, and negotiation skills.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are a Drug Free Workplace. Applicants will be required to take a pre-employment drug test upon job offer.