The human resource generalist is responsible for performing HR related duties on a professional level and works closely with the HR Manager. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas; benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, on-boarding, policy implementation, recruitment, and employment law compliance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain employee data in HRIS system, ensuring confidentiality and security of personal employee information including background screening, medical, personnel files, etc.
• Administer benefits: (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k) – process enrollment for new employees, review and approve monthly benefit invoices.
• Maintain, update, and assist in the enforcement of company policies, procedures, handbooks, and manuals.
• Conduct recruitment effort for all exempt and non-exempt employees; post jobs, review resumes, conduct and/or assist with interviews, check references, process background checks, prepare new hire packets, schedule and conduct new-employee orientation.
• Assist with all employee related questions (i.e. compensation, benefits, policies, etc.). Administer different types of protected leave (OFLA, FMLA, etc.).
• Assists in the administration of the compensation program: help monitor the performance appraisal process.
• Must possess a demonstrated knowledge of basic HR related functions, including working knowledge of State and Federal employment laws/regulations.
• Requires the ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
• Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in human resource management, with two years of experience in the HR field, or any similar combination of education and experience. PHR or CHP certification is preferred.
Competencies: HR Expertise, Communication, Ethical Practice, Relationship Management