Sales Representative - Central Oregon
The District Sales Representative role is responsible for generating and maintaining their own set of customers through strong customer relationships and for growing territory sales through account penetration, and opening new accounts in their Sales Territory while helping our customers to be successful in their own business. Position includes selling food products to restaurants and other businesses. Constant communication with the District Sales Manager is required. This is an exempt status, non-union position and paid a monthly base plus commission.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Open and develop new accounts (90% of the time spent in the field).
- Visit customers on a daily basis – build and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Process and do maintenance (add-ons, deletions, and substitutions) on customer’s orders.
- Provide knowledge and solution of our products, services, and added benefits to meet the customer’s needs.
- Prospect for new customers and keep DSM informed on progress.
- Answer customers inquiries relating to product information, pricing, delivery times, inventory on hand and general company information.
- Communicate with credit department to keep customers within the credit terms granted by the Company.
- Participate in sales meetings, food shows, and trade shows in order to promote sales, increase product knowledge, and maintain positive customer relationships.
- Represent the Company is a positive and professional manner.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are a Drug Free Workplace. Applicants will be required to take a pre-employment drug test upon job offer.
We are looking for quality, motivated employees with serious ambition, who has what it takes to close sales and increase our market share. In addition:
- 2 years of broadline food service distribution OUTSIDE sales experience is preferred.
- 2 years prior experience in “cold calling” in applicable industry fields such as beverages, chemicals, restaurant equipment, etc. or culinary/restaurant management experience.
- Associates Degree or equivalent from 2 year college in Business, Marketing, Hospitality or Culinary Arts.
- Demonstrated computer skills including proficiency with basic Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License, good driving record, and reliable personal transportation as position requires significant local travel to current and prospective customers.
- Strong verbal communication required with customers as well as the inside sales team and sales management.
- Able to read, write, speak English.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours (evening, week-end, holiday) on occasion, in order to meet customers’ needs.
- Acute organization skills to meet constant deadlines.
- Attention to detail and able to handle multiple tasks.
- Great customer service skills.
- Communicates openly and accepts feedback.