Sales Representative - SW Portland/Metro Area
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Open and develop new accounts (90% of the time spent in the field).
- Visit customers on a daily basis – build and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Process and do maintenance (add-ons, deletions, and substitutions) on customer’s orders.
- Provide knowledge and solution of our products, services, and added benefits to meet the customer’s needs.
- Prospect for new customers and keep DSM informed on progress.
- Answer customers inquiries relating to product information, pricing, delivery times, inventory on hand and general company information.
- Communicate with credit department to keep customers within the credit terms granted by the Company.
- Participate in sales meetings, food shows, and trade shows in order to promote sales, increase product knowledge, and maintain positive customer relationships.
- Represent the Company is a positive and professional manner.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are a Drug Free Workplace. Applicants will be required to take a pre-employment drug test upon job offer.
Minimum Required Qualification:
We are looking for quality, motivated employees with serious ambition, who has what it takes to close sales and increase our market share. In addition:
- 2 years of broadline food service distribution OUTSIDE sales experience is preferred.
- 2 years prior experience in “cold calling” in applicable industry fields such as beverages, chemicals, restaurant equipment, etc. or culinary/restaurant management experience.
- Associates Degree or equivalent from 2 year college in Business, Marketing, Hospitality or Culinary Arts.
- Demonstrated computer skills including proficiency with basic Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License, good driving record, and reliable personal transportation as position requires significant local travel to current and prospective customers.
- Strong verbal communication required with customers as well as the inside sales team and sales management.
- Able to read, write, speak English.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours (evening, week-end, holiday) on occasion, in order to meet customers’ needs.
- Acute organization skills to meet constant deadlines.
- Attention to detail and able to handle multiple tasks.
- Great customer service skills.
- Communicates openly and accepts feedback.