Warehouse employee performs various duties within the warehouse including unload trucks, pick, stage, load, repacking, put away or transport orders according to company standards. This position is a non-exempt, non-union position.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Reads customer order, work order, or shipping order to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
* Unload shipments verifying correct product, quantities and product received is in good order.
* Drives riding pallet jack and forklift safely to transport stored items from storage areas to appropriate staging area.
* Sorts and places products on racks and shelves according to predetermined slotting sequence. Sorts and stores perishable goods in refrigerated area.
* Picks products and assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves. Moves products to packing station for web-order fulfillment, or staging area for loading onto tractor-trailer.
*Ensure the safe handling and security of all products according to the Company’s H.A.C.C.P., Food Safety and Food Defense programs.
* Follow policy and procedures as outlined in Company manuals.
* Maintains inventory records. Records amount of material or items received or distributed.
* Works effectively as a team member, assisting shift supervisor and other employees, contributing ideas and solutions in a positive and proactive manner.
* Must work with a high level of accuracy.
* High school diploma or GED preferred.
* Experience working in a fast-paced production environment with a high level of accuracy.
* 1 year prior warehouse experience.
* Prior forklift training or certification preferred.
* Demonstrated commitment to accuracy and following instructions.
* Ability to meet physical demands of the job. Lift up to 50 lbs. frequently and occasionally lift/move up to 80 lbs. Employee spends virtually all of his/her time standing and walking. The employee often stoops, kneels or crouches.
* Ability to read and understand or complete customer orders, and other paperwork.
* Must be able to function in a night shift environment and work overtime when required to complete all orders.
* Must be able to work in various temperature controlled zones ranging from 35° F to ambient temperature.
We are a Drug Free Workplace. Applicants will be required to take a pre-employment drug test upon job offer.