Drivers deliver and off-load food and other products using lift gate and pallet jack to customers ensuring that the correct products are delivered to each customer, meeting delivery deadlines according to delivery paperwork. They represent McDonald Wholesale to customers and in the driving communities on their routes, therefore, being neatly groomed, maintaining a good job attitude, establishing and maintaining a good rapport with all accounts, providing excellent customer service at all times, and operating vehicles in a courteous and safe manner are requirements of the position. Drivers ensure the safe handling and security of all products according to the Company’s Food Safety and Food Defense programs. Drivers must be prepared to work in any traffic and weather conditions. This is a non-exempt, non-union position.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Safely and efficiently deliver to all accounts ensuring merchandise listed on customer invoice is correctly billed and received.
• Responsible for delivered product to be placed in the appropriate temperature location.
• Reconcile and note, on the invoice at the time of delivery or on purchase order when picking up merchandise from vendor, all discrepancies such as wrong item, shortage, etc.
• Ensure all food products are in compliance with food safety and food defense programs.
• Upon return to the warehouse, must check in all returned items with respective personnel or supervisor and returning product to the appropriate temperature location.
• Use defensive driving techniques at all time to guard your safety and the safety of others. Driver is required to obey all traffic laws, comply with OSHA, Federal Motor Carrier, and D.O.T. safety requirements.
• Complete daily vehicle inspection as required by D.O.T. and perform preventative maintenance by checking oil, fuel, lights, tires, etc., and maintaining cab cleanliness.
• Follow policy and procedures as outlined in Company manuals.
• Must wear Company issued shirts and ensuring ones’ appearance is clean and neat.
• Assist in maintaining a clean and safe workplace.
• Work effectively as a team member, assisting shift supervisor and other employees, contributing ideas and solutions in a positive and proactive manner.
• Work overtime, in compliance with D.O.T. regulations, if required.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Current Class A Commercial Driver’s License with a least 1-year prior driving experience.
• Good Driving Record.
• Be able to pass a physical examination and maintain a valid medical certificate.
• Meet controlled substance and alcohol testing requirements.
• Lift gate and pallet jack experience, preferred.
• Ability to meet the physical demands of the job – capable of maneuvering up to 50 lbs., and occasionally lift and/or maneuver up to 80 lbs.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain positive customer relationships.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently.
• Speak, read and write English to understand traffic signs and signals in English, to respond to officials and to complete reports and records.
A pre-employment physical & drug screen will be required upon job offer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.