This position maximizes return on financial assets by performing the accounting and control functions of assigned business units. Performs and directs the preparation of reports and the reconciliation of accounts. Performs other financial reporting, budgeting and financial analysis functions as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides status of financial condition by collection, interpreting and reporting financial data in the form of month-end financial statements.
• Prepares month-end closing including reconciliation of accounts, and the preparation of accruals, adjustments, and financial schedules.
• Conducts monthly financial analysis under the direction of the President and General Manager.
• Maintain fixed assets records.
• Assists the President in preparation of the annual forecasts and projections when needed.
• Assists with preparing and collecting year-end closing work packages for external CPA firm.
• Reviews payments and purchase requests to ensure accuracy and appropriate approvals have been obtained.
• Assists with the development and implementation of accounting policies and procedures.
• Assists with Operations, Inventory Analysis, Claims, Returns and Inventory reconciliations.
• May be required to lead other accounting staff. Work includes distributing and overseeing work assignments as well as training and developing staff. Aid and input on matters related to performance management and accounting staff.
• Responsible for supporting and adhering to company policies and procedures.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Supervise Accounts Payable and Customer Service staff, in accordance with policies and applicable laws. Includes interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance (or combination) with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in accounting or related field. Experience in private industry preferred including experience demonstrating supervision and/or direction of others. CPA or CMA preferred.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
We are a Drug Free Workplace. Applicants will be required to take a pre- employment drug test upon job offer.