CDL Delivery Driver / Warehouse Worker - West Sacramento, CA
While performing the function of driver – Drivers deliver and off-load food and other products to customers using a hand-truck, electric pallet jack and lift gate, ensuring that the correct products are delivered to each customer. They represent McDonald Wholesale Co. to customers and in the driving communities on their routes. Therefore, being neatly groomed, maintaining a good job attitude, establishing and maintaining a good rapport with all accounts, providing excellent customer service at all time, and operating vehicles in a courteous and safe manner are requirements of the position. Drivers ensure the safe handling and security of all products; perform daily check-in procedures and other duties as assigned. Drivers must be prepared to work in any traffic and weather conditions. Vehicle responsibilities include operating in a safe manner, performing preventative maintenance by checking oil, fuel, lights, tires, etc., and maintaining cab cleanliness.
While working inn the warehouse,staff perform various duties within the warehouse including pick, stage, load, repacking, put away or transport orders according to company standards.
Warehouse staff operates equipment (including forklifts, pallet jacks and hand trucks) safely to transport stored items from storage areas to appropriate staging area.
- Must read customer order, work order, or shipping order to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Sorts and places products on racks and shelves according to predetermined slotting sequence.
- Prepares products for loading onto tractor-trailer.
- Ensures food products are maintained according to the Company’s H.A.C.C.P., Food Safety and Food Defense programs.
- Works effectively as a team member, assisting shift supervisor and other employees in a positive and proactive manner.
Current Class A C.D.L. license with a least 1 year prior driving experience.
- Good Driving Record.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job – capable of maneuvering and occasionally lift and/or maneuver up to 50 lbs.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain positive customer relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Speak, read and write English to understand traffic signs and signals in English, to respond to officials and to complete reports and records.
- Experience working in a fast-paced production environment with a high level of accuracy.
- Demonstrated commitment to accuracy and following instructions.
- In the warehouse – Ability to meet physical demands of the job – capable of maneuvering and occasionally lift and/or maneuver up to 50 lbs. Employee spends virtually all of his/her time standing and walking. The employee often stoops, kneels or crouches.
- Ability to read and understand or complete customer orders, and other paperwork.