McDonald Wholesale Company, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is recruiting to fill a full-time District Sales Representative position in SALEM.
The District Sales Representative role is responsible for generating and maintaining their own set of customers through strong customer relationships and for growing territory sales through account penetration, and opening new accounts in their Sales Territory while helping our customers to be successful in their own business. Position includes selling food products to restaurants and other businesses. Constant communication with the District Sales Manager is required. This is an exempt status, non-union position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
*Open and develop new accounts (90% of the time spent in the field).
*Visit customers on a daily basis – build and maintain strong customer relationships.
*Process and do maintenance (add-ons, deletions, and substitutions) on customer’s orders.
*Provide knowledge and solution of our products, services, and added benefits to meet the customer’s needs.
*Prospect for new customers and keep DSM informed on progress.
*Answer customers inquiries relating to product information, pricing, delivery times, inventory on hand and general company information.
*Other tasks as assigned
Minimum Required Qualification:
We are looking for quality, motivated, and someone with serious ambition, who has what it takes to close sales and increase our market share.
• 2 years of broadline food service distribution OUTSIDE sales experience is preferred.
• 2 years prior experience in “cold calling” in applicable industry fields such as beverages, chemicals, restaurant equipment, etc.
• Demonstrated computer skills including proficiency with basic Excel, Word, and Outlook.
• Must have a valid Driver’s License, good driving record, and reliable personal transportation.
• Strong verbal communication required with customers as well as the inside sales team and sales management.
• Acute organization skills to meet constant deadlines and cutoffs.
• Attention to detail and able to handle multiple tasks.
• Great customer service skills.
• Communicates openly and accepts feedback.
Our company requires pre-employment drug testing and criminal background checks.